Monday, February 4, 2008

I've been tagged :)

So I'm checking my StatCounter to see if anyone has read my blog lately, where they linked from, yadda, yadda, yadda...and I click on a unfamiliar link to find out that I'VE BEEN TAGGED! Ack! Normally I never get around to filling these kinds of things out, but this one looks relatively simple. By the way, go & check out the culprit--Amy at Allen Academy--she's got one nifty blog! :)

Book Meme

Rules:
Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
Open the book to page 123.
Find the fifth sentence.
Post the next three sentences.
Tag five people.


I located my nearest stack of books, and chose the one from the top. It was a dud. Page 123 contained only a list, no full sentences. On to book #2, it only had 120 pages. I had a little more luck with this one--A Charlotte Mason Companion by Karen Andreola. From page 123:

But she will bear in mind that the child of six [or seven] has begun the serious business of his education, it does not matter much whether he understands this word or that, but it matters a great deal that he should learn to deal directly with books. Whatever a child or grown-up person can tell, that we may be sure he knows, and what he cannot tell, he does not know. Let us give our children a variety books to narrate.

Now...my challenge to find 5 more previously untagged people to tag. Instead of posting names, I challenge the next 5 people to read this post to leave your book meme answers in the comments. That means YOU!!!

2 comments:

mrsamy said...

I've been a lurker on your blog for quite sometime blog for quite sometime but have never made a comment :( I really enjoy reading your posts and didn't know anyone to really tag, so that's why you got it :) Thanks for being such a good sport...

By the way, you have almost converted me to digital scrapbooking! Your pages are great and if I didn't already have so much invested in traditional scapbooking stuff, I would be there!!

Amy :)

Tammy said...

Thanks for the compliment! I also had $$$ invested in traditional scrapbook stuff (more than I care to admit), but after dd #2 was born I really needed to streamline the whole scrappin' process. Plus, we had our first digital camera, so it just became easier to do everything on the 'puter.

Thanks for coming out of lurkdom. I really enjoyed your blog as well!

~Tammy