Sunday, September 23, 2007

Grace's First Scrapbook Layout

So, last week I mentioned that we finished our dinosaur lapbook...and that Grace created her very first scrapbook layout. Those of you who know me can just imagine the excitement that I felt...tee hee. And the icing on the cake was when she said, "I can't believe it. I'm scrapbooking. And I LIKE it!"

Now, I suppose I could just post pictures of this milestone. But then what kind of a scrapbooker would I be??? I have to scrapbook it, of course!

Credits: Created using Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 and “Paris Flea Market” kit by Shabby Miss Jenn. Fonts used: Adobe Casion Pro, BlueCake and Carpenter ICG.


And here's a shot of the layout she created:


The two larger photos were taken when we went to "Walking With Dinosaurs-LIVE!" this summer. I found the smaller photo on the internet. The background papers are from the "Paris Flea Market" digital kit by Shabby Miss Jenn. I printed the papers out on my color laser printer so that Grace could use them for *traditional* scrapbooking. The hot pink cardstock is a leftover from my days as a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. We picked up the dinosaur stickers at an office supply store (Office Max, I think). Overall, I think she did a great job! But I may be a wee bit biased. :)

4 comments:

Tami, full-time mom; part-time foodie said...

Hi Tammy!

I enjoy visiting your blog, it is so beautiful. We love to scrapbook as well, and try to incorporate it into our school weeks! You daughter did a beautiful job on her page -- she is talented like her mama.

Have a great week teaching and scrappin'!

: )
Tami

Tory said...

Great job, Grace! I know your mama's proud!

Darcy @ m3b said...

And this alone makes me have a little girl-envy. My boys make me wonderful Jedi battle scenes, but this - wow. She did beautiful work. Applause! Applause!

my5wolfcubs said...

I love that I can see her page in the photo you took -- very nice work, both of you!
Lee